Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Good v Pure Evil - Singapore GP weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
    move on brembo man. your endless MS trolling is the equivalent of watching re-runs of "Last of the Summer Wine". I know you wont get the reference but i'm sure that wont affect your relevence of your reply anyway so meh!
    Were do you ask me a question about including Lewis here? I'm "confused!' There you go, your not the only one allowed that word you made famous.
    Please tell me that's not a picture of you!!! You mention the last summer wine.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    Were do you ask me a question about including Lewis here? I'm "confused!' There you go, your not the only one allowed that word you made famous.
    It is - that was taken about 10 years ago though
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by brembo man View Post
    "Last of the Summer Wine" is a "comedy" series set here in Britain that ran from 1486 until 2010 - but thanks to endless TV re-runs it feels longer than that. Its not really about anything consequential and the dialogue is both wistful and largely irrelevant - although it does rather annoyingly fill up up space on your screen in between the advertisements.

The parallels to your replies to most posts on TSN do not stop there however as the content is also extremely repetitive and doesnt usually have a point except to provide a modicum of what we call "gentle humour" (i.e. not funny).

Substitute Compo rolling down a hill in an old bath tub with you banging on about Michael Schumacher and Jean Todt and you have the same will-sapping tedium that makes you promise to yourself that you will never watch or engage with it again.

For the purposes of this analogy you can be Compo and I will be Nora Batty. The part of TSN is played by the aforementioned bath tub an the hill figuratively represents your obsession with Michael Schumacher and Jean Todt.

(Apologies to anyone who finds Last of the Summer wine a refreshing, inciteful and witty program by the way. )

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

From Planet F1

Lewis Hamilton is set to be the hot topic when the F1 drivers holding their briefing with Charlie Whiting in Japan.

The McLaren driver was again in hot water at the previous race in Singapore when he hit the back of Felipe Massa's Ferrari while fighting for position.

The collision resulted in a puncture for Massa, a broken front wing for Hamilton and also a drive-through penalty.

It also resulted in a minor clash after the grand prix when Massa, who reckons Hamilton "does not use his brain", confronted the McLaren driver as he was giving a post-race television interview.

However, according to Autosprint, the ramifications of Hamilton's latest "bravado" will not stop there.

The Italian publication reports that 'Hamilton's colleagues have announced a meeting at the Suzuka Grand Prix with FIA delegate Charlie Whiting.'

And the point of the meeting will be to discuss the "antics" of the Brit in 'Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Belgium and, also, in Singapore.'

One man who would probably support action against Hamilton is Niki Lauda with the triple World Champ saying: "I do not understand how one with the talent of Hamilton can be so stupid every time."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Can I just ask how on earth you know that show?!
    Our local PBS station has for years now had a strong lineup of BBC shows, starting with being the first in the US to show Monty Python back in the early '70's and continues. Lots of comedies like Vicar of Dibley, Black Adder etc. which Summer Wine was one of my favorites along with Keeping up Appearances (though I agree with Tifosi somewhat in that "wine" ran on a bit too long) Lovejoy mysteries and my current favorite Doc Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post

Substitute Compo rolling down a hill in an old bath tub with you banging on about Michael Schumacher and Jean Todt and you have the same will-sapping tedium that makes you promise to yourself that you will never watch or engage with it again.

For the purposes of this analogy you can be Compo and I will be Nora Batty. The part of TSN is played by the aforementioned bath tub an the hill figuratively represents your obsession with Michael Schumacher and Jean Todt.

Forza Jules

Ok. I hope I got this right. Todt and the chin once played in a comedy in Britan. The car was a tub, not unlike his present ride at Merc. And you couldn't help but watch it all the time. And now you can't help but read and enjoy all my "rants" like last of the summer wine. Thank you Nora for the compliment!