Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari president says team principal's job is safe

Thumbs up Ferrari president says team principal's job is safe

Mods if feel to be in another thread please move, or delete if been posted else where, grazie
    15:03 GMT, Saturday, 10 September 2011 16:03 UK

By Sarah Holt
    BBC Sport at Monza

Domenicali has been told Ferrari must do better in 2012
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemelo says the team's failure to challenge for the title will not cost Stefano Domenicali his job as team boss.

Fernando Alonso is third overall but 107 points behind Red Bull's leader Sebastian Vettel with seven races left.

When asked by BBC Sport if Domencali would lead the team in 2012, Di Montezemelo said: "In one word, yes.

"Stefano has all my commitment. He has a big commitment to deliver and so he will be very busy."

Domenicali was quoted in the Italian media this week saying he was confident he was building a team that could again dominate F1 as they did when Michael Schumacher was their driver in the last decade.

The Italian marque have had mixed success under Domenicali, who succeeded current FIA president Jean Todt as team principal in 2008.

They lost the title at the final race of the season in 2008 and 2010 but won only one race in 2009, the same number of victories they have so far in 2011.

But Di Montezemolo said he was satisfied the team he had assembled can challenge for the championship in 2012 and beyond.

"When Todt left the company it was of course the end of one era," the Ferrari president said.

"We have opened a new era, new people and a new mentality. Even we discovered there was the necessity to improve some areas.

"I'm very happy that my team management is so confident and I look forward that he will deliver.

FERRARI UNDER DOMENICALI
    2011 (So far) 3rd, Alonso
    • 2010 - 2nd, Alonso
    • 2009 - 6th, Raikkonen
    • 2008 - 2nd, Massa

"I am pleased to have what I think is the best driver in the world, that is Fernando and I'm pleased to see a good reaction from Felipe (Massa) in the second half of the season.

"So for next year I hope to make a condition to win again the championship."

As revealed by BBC Sport, Ferrari tried last year to persuade Adrian Newey - Red Bull's championship-winning designer - to lead their technical department but Newey turned down the offer.

Di Montezemelo ruled out a second approach to Newey, saying: "I have a big opinion of Newey but I am pleased and happy with my technicians.

"I am also absolutely confident that, with all respect to Newey, we can have a very competitive car new year because I know my people."

Di Montezemolo laughed off questions that he is considering a move into Italian politics after 20 years at the helm for Ferrari, saying he was "more committed than ever" to the Italian team and car company.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/form...e/14865603.stm
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

No job is safe.

what Luca says doesn't hold water... even contracts were broken at Ferrari... so I know wen Briatore's ban is lifted, Domi will lose his place for sure! Just a matter of time for a seat warmer...

Quote Originally Posted by kurski View Post
    what Luca says doesn't hold water... even contracts were broken at Ferrari... so I know wen Briatore's ban is lifted, Domi will lose his place for sure! Just a matter of time for a seat warmer...
    You've got more chance of Ron Dennis taking Dominicali's job than Briatore, and for either one of these F1 rejects, that's about as likely as Kate Beckinsale knocking on my door and asking me to take Colin Farrells role in TOTAL RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by Grillo View Post
    No job is safe.
    apart from this one, it seems

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    You've got more chance of Ron Dennis taking Dominicali's job than Briatore, and for either one of these F1 rejects, that's about as likely as Kate Beckinsale knocking on my door and asking me to take Colin Farrells role in TOTAL RECALL

I am 100% sure that Flavio Briatore is the Ferrari team principal in 2013, because his punishment ended at the time.

My guess is LDM has told SD that 2012 is his last chance to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by kurski View Post
    i absolutly loathe this disgraceful man! i don't want to see him screw any other driver again.
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    i absolutly loathe this disgraceful man! i don't want to see him screw any other driver again.
    Without this "disgraceful man" Ferrari would be lucky to still be in the business of selling road cars, let alone still be in F1 in any capacity to compete.
    Ferrari in the 80's was a dinosaur waiting to be fossilized and talked about in the past sense. He did not turn Ferrari around alone, but he was at the heart of the change and though we are now on solid ground he is still pivotal in the Ferrari set up.
    Loathe him all you like, but you should balance that view with the whole picture.

In November 1991, FIAT Chairman Gianni Agnelli appointed Montezemolo president of Ferrari, which had been struggling since Enzo Ferrari's death. Montezemolo made it his personal goal to win the Formula One World Constructors' Championship once again. Montezemolo quickly made changes at the Italian team, signing up Niki Lauda as consultant and promoting Claudio Lombardi to team manager role.[2] During the 1990s he resurrected the Ferrari road car business from heavy debts into solid profit. He also took on the presidency of Maserati when Ferrari acquired it in 1997, until 2005.

Under Cordero di Montezemolo and executive director Jean Todt, the Ferrari Formula One team won the World Drivers Championship in 2000, the first time since 1979. The previous year, 1999, they had won the constructors' championship for the first time since 1983.

I think Katu maybe meant Flavio
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Then my post was a waste of time as I agree with Katu about not liking Briartore

it kind of shows, that times now are pretty good compared to back then.

it may have been a bad year, but we have had worse, believe it or not.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    thanks for helping out..

Alonso doesn't seem to mind Briatore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Alonso doesn't seem to mind Briatore.
    Flav has helped him a lot. however this won't make me forget what he has done to the other drivers and sport in general

I think in the end, Luca, like all Ferrari Fans, just want Ferrari to be a winning team again. He still regards Stefano Domenicali highly for his Manigerial Skills and does not see his job as the main reason for Ferrari's shortcomings. This, by in large, is true. We have seen Stefano make many poor trackside calls over the last 3 or so years that yielded a poor reasult for the team but the race car has been the main shortcomming. On the plus side, we have Stefano revamp the Ferrari Technical Staff this year and many key Engineers are now in place to better design, build and maintain the race cars. There is NO TECHNICAL DIRECTOR at Ferrari at the moment with each Engineering Department Head reporting to Stefano Domenicali. He has in effect giving himself much more control of the team, much like a Ron Dennis, Flavio Briatore, etc. controlled their respective teams. Ferrari has gotten rid of those Engineers that have underperformed which have badly hurt the team and have appointed several highly skilled Engineering replacements. In the end the speed of the car and how many race they win will determine the fate of many people on the team as always. I was very hard on Domenicali for many years for being to soft and not takking charge. Now it seems the new structure of the team puts him totally in charge. This is a stronger position to be in than the last few years.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    it kind of shows, that times now are pretty good compared to back then.

it may have been a bad year, but we have had worse, believe it or not.
    yeah we have, and no way want to return to those years. Was very hard.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Domenicali had the winner team. He has turned 2007 WDC + WCC winner team that was under TODT. To team that talks more than actually does on the track.

Well you could say Todt turned the 2004 winnner team into the same for 2005 and 2006, nowhere in 2005 and 2nd in 2006, kind of like 2009/2010 with Stefano I guess....

If Luca thought replacing Stefano would make us instant winners and dominant then it would be done, there is no reason to doubt that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Well you could say Todt turned the 2004 winnner team into the same for 2005 and 2006, nowhere in 2005 and 2nd in 2006, kind of like 2009/2010 with Stefano I guess....

If Luca thought replacing Stefano would make us instant winners and dominant then it would be done, there is no reason to doubt that.
    Todt build the winner team. Dom destroyed the winner team. There is all the difference in the world.

Lets see what "success" means about this incapable 'spaghetti man':

-lost 2008 WDC for Felipe as a consequence on false decision not to remove light system in Singapore(when other guys in our team warned him several times at races before Singapore)
    -miserable car with only 1 lucky win in 2009...lost WDC and WCC
    -lost WDC for Fernando,miserable strategies in 2010 and miserable fist half of season,and convincingly lost WCC.
    -lost WDC and WCC in 2011,catastrophic car performance at start of season and still now.

So whats the matter...how many chances will he has???2012?2013?2014?2020?2030?

Come on...our glory team is doomed to failure and unsuccess,till this 'spaghetti guy' is on major role at the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bobi_ve View Post

-lost 2008 WDC for Felipe as a consequence on false decision not to remove light system in Singapore(when other guys in our team warned him several times at races before Singapore)
    -lost WDC for Fernando,miserable strategies in 2010 and miserable fist half of season,and convincingly lost WCC.
    -lost WDC and WCC in 2011,catastrophic car performance at start of season and still now.

Come on...our glory team is doomed to failure and unsuccess,till this 'spaghetti guy' is on major role at the team.
    Wow, can someone else reply to this post while I go and commit suicide?

The future is RED

You do realize that it took Todt 5 years to win a title with Schumacher as his driver right....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You do realize that it took Todt 5 years to win a title with Schumacher as his driver right....
    4 years (won WCC in 99) and I think MS would have won WDC too had he not broken his leg.
    Anyway I think the point some are trying to make is that under Domenicali the team seems to have gone backwards, they won WCC in 2008 and since then nothing.
    How many races have Ferrari won since 2009? I count 7. In 2006 alone Todt won 9 races.

makes 6 to me

Still pointless really we are not the same team as we were at the peak of the dream team, also others have improved, more money being spent by others, no testing, much tighter rules, wind tunnel restrictions, engine restrictions etc etc, you could ask why Brawn is not winning nothing at Mercedes...
    Forza Ferrari

What exactly do you mean by "spaghetti guy"?

well everyone apart from RedBull must fire everyone.

imo, the car is the main problem. Stefano doesnt design the car. the strategy also lies into the cars perofrmance. especially when you have a car that is **** with the tyres, any move you make will be the wrong one.
    funny how the team with the dominant car always have the best strategies, and the others are making mistakes. also our pitstops are just as good as RedBull's.

and Stefano didnt ruin the winning team. for one, he was part of the winning team. but, we all know that at that time, there was a massive change, with all new staff in key positions, so the team Todt (Luca) made, was also at the end of its era, and Luca made the decision that this should be the people he should get. dont understand why everyone is jumping on his back for that.

You can't honestly expect everything to be like it was during the glory years ALL the time, no matter who is running the team. It's unrealistic. Red Bull will eventually stop winning everything, just like we did. Until then, can't we just have a bit of faith in Stefano - it seems like Luca di Montezemolo does.
    Forza Jules

What is he actually responsible for? They sacked Costa for the car and Dyer for the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by F2008 View Post
    What is he actually responsible for? They sacked Costa for the car and Dyer for the strategy.
    Dyer sacked???
    Didn't they moved him to another department in the F1 team?
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.