Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari plan for Alonso era

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Skill View Post

The ideal choices would be button and Webber imo
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    IMO its trading on past glory and its time these big statements are stopped. Make the fastest car and then talk about era's or success.
    Completely agree.

I think they all know that in Ferrari but it seems they have to give that kind of headlines every now and then for the fans and media.

Why cant Ferrari have two strong drivers who can push the team forward?? Mclaren have Button and Lewis, RedBull have Seb and Mark.Why just push for an Alonso era? Why not a Ferrari era?

We go about saying a lot about team work and now suddenly its "Alonso era"?? Get on with building fast cars, great engineers and good drivers and let them show it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Massa is still supported, just like he was when the team was MS focussed
    Massa won 3 races and was in the top 5 (avg in races) that year.(2006).he is definitely not on that level or 2008 level since his accident..He has served us well...respect that, and we must have two strong drivers for this decade of dominance

Quote Originally Posted by cfmatt View Post
    Why cant Ferrari have two strong drivers who can push the team forward?? Mclaren have Button and Lewis, RedBull have Seb and Mark.Why just push for an Alonso era? Why not a Ferrari era?

We go about saying a lot about team work and now suddenly its "Alonso era"?? Get on with building fast cars, great engineers and good drivers and let them show it?
    Red Bull is not that different from Ferrari. Remember in Silverstone where they ordered Mark to hold his spot when he was closing in on Vettel? They don't always have to resort to team order because they are currently doing great, when you are 1-2 out at the front, you're not under any pressure to bring team tactics into play. But we can see Vettel is their clear choice for the championship.

As for McLaren, nothing new there. They do tend to operate with 2 top drivers.

And for us Ferrari, again its nothing new. Remember Schumi era? It worked so well for us, Schumi's result with Ferrari spoke for themself.

At the end of the day, its just different team taking different approach. And this is team work. Team work is about working as a team to strive for a common goal. Its not about fairness or giving everyone an equal slice of the pie. Its the end result that matters.

Just like the titles we won during our golden years with Schumi. People can complain about how its unfair for Rubens but as I said, its the end result that matters, and it worked so well for us. Rubens is part of Ferrari team, he was free to leave if he wasn't prepare to put the team's priority over his personal priority.

It's strange the after the very successful years with MS, we went with two more or less equal drivers (Kimi and Felipe). This was because while the team was viewing Kimi as a clear cut #1 driver, he himself didn't ever push for such position. He was used to having tough team mates on McL and didn't really care who was driving the other car in the team. Felipe was obviously very happy about it and it showed in his performances. As with most Latin American drivers, how they feel shows on track. They are very emotional people and if they are happy, sad or angry it shows in all aspects of their lives.

Now when Fernando joined the team, with the backing of very strong sponsorship, it was obvious that the team was once again building around a #1 driver. After all, Alonso was already a double WDC. It was only a logical thing to do, but I bet it upset Felipe. He didn't want to be seen as another Rubens. I also bet that he was told he was allowed to race for the WDC, but the German GP really brought down any hopes and dreams about it. Yes, it was good for the team, but bad for Felipe.

Now does Ferrari function best with a clear #1 driver or two equal drivers? Both styles have reaped results, but I guess currently the eggs are all in the Fernando basket. Most drivers tell that their dream is to drive for Ferrari, but when all that is offered is a place as #2 driver, does any of the real top dogs take such an offer? That is the reason they are looking for a up and coming young driver to fill the spot and the possibility of raising up another Schumacher.

The big matter is the pay check at the end of the month, If Massa was so unhappy/upset he would look to go elsewhere for 2012!

At the deep end of this story, he drives for Ferrari and makes the big Bucks!

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiga View Post

As people have pointed above, not only Fisichell and Trulli are not given nowadays proper recognition for their skills, but also Piquet and Grosjean are made look like useless guys, when in truth they had already proved that they were skilled drivers prior to joining F1. In the case of the two latter ones, I think that the difficulty of driving the R28 and the R29 was totally overlooked because Alonso made it look much easier than it really was (as one image is worth a thousand words, have a look at this video of the R28 in Monza, and keep an eye for Alonso's hand gesture at 0:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8rR5...eature=related ).

And in my opinion, part of the problem comes from certain press which is bent on attacking Alonso through his teammates - that is, it cannot be that the car is difficult and that Alonso is doing a great job of it, it has to be that Alonso's teammate is not up to scratch. This put Alonso's teammates under undue pressure, and from what I have read and heard (particularly from some Brazilian people) that is specially the case with Massa.

In my opinion, Massa is not a particularly consistent driver, but he is one of the bravest and fastest ones. He achieves his best results by pushing out of his comfort zone, but it must be hard to keep on doing so when you are being unfairly trashed around. I really think he needs a break from this constant putting him down.
    Fantastic post!

I think people forget that Fernando's greatest talent is probably his ability to get the most out of bad/tricky cars. He finds a way to adapt to anything. Senna had this gift, MS too, and what happens is the worse the car is the worse their teammates tend to look. People say that Felipe is not the same driver he was in '06/'07/'08, but in those seasons Ferrari produced the best or equal to the best car. Whereas, since Alonso arrived, we've had a distant 2nd/3rd best car (and that's in FA's gifted hands). Not to mention, in Alonso the challenge for Felipe is far greater than it was with Kimi.

My point is simply that, I believe if we build the best car on the grid, we will see the old Felipe again. He will be much closer to Alonso on a regular basis and he will win races on his own merit, all of which will quickly help him get his mojo back.

Sure, barring a rare horrible season from Fernando, I doubt Felipe will challenge for the WDC, but I think he can do a fine job in securing the WCC. In addition, Felipe knows the team inside and out and he and Fernando seem to get along and work well together. So it's worth keeping in miind how replacing him would add a burden on the team to get the new driver up to speed, which equals lost energy/focus where Fernando and the car is concerned.

Anyway, until we have the best car and I'm proven wrong, I won't be giving up on Felipe
    Last edited by F-e-r-r-nando; 13th September 2011 at 06:07.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    It's strange the after the very successful years with MS, we went with two more or less equal drivers (Kimi and Felipe). This was because while the team was viewing Kimi as a clear cut #1 driver, he himself didn't ever push for such position. He was used to having tough team mates on McL and didn't really care who was driving the other car in the team. Felipe was obviously very happy about it and it showed in his performances. As with most Latin American drivers, how they feel shows on track. They are very emotional people and if they are happy, sad or angry it shows in all aspects of their lives.

Now when Fernando joined the team, with the backing of very strong sponsorship, it was obvious that the team was once again building around a #1 driver. After all, Alonso was already a double WDC. It was only a logical thing to do, but I bet it upset Felipe. He didn't want to be seen as another Rubens. I also bet that he was told he was allowed to race for the WDC, but the German GP really brought down any hopes and dreams about it. Yes, it was good for the team, but bad for Felipe.

Now does Ferrari function best with a clear #1 driver or two equal drivers? Both styles have reaped results, but I guess currently the eggs are all in the Fernando basket. Most drivers tell that their dream is to drive for Ferrari, but when all that is offered is a place as #2 driver, does any of the real top dogs take such an offer? That is the reason they are looking for a up and coming young driver to fill the spot and the possibility of raising up another Schumacher.
    This is good view. But i rather see it that Kimi had the spot 2007 with Todt. Then Domenicali came and started to drive Kimi out and Alonso in. Massa had more than equal status 08. Which is not different than what Alonso now has and kimi had 07.

T

Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    Fantastic post!

I think people forget that Fernando's greatest talent is probably his ability to get the most out of bad/tricky cars. He finds a way to adapt to anything. Senna had this gift, MS too, and what happens is the worse the car is the worse their teammates tend to look. People say that Felipe is not the same driver he was in '06/'07/'08, but in those seasons Ferrari produced the best or equal to the best car. Whereas, since Alonso arrived, we've had a distant 2nd/3rd best car (and that's in FA's gifted hands). Not to mention, in Alonso the challenge for Felipe is far greater than it was with Kimi.

My point is simply that, I believe if we build the best car on the grid, we will see the old Felipe again. He will be much closer to Alonso on a regular basis and he will win races on his own merit, all of which will quickly help him get his mojo back.

Sure, barring a rare horrible season from Fernando, I doubt Felipe will challenge for the WDC, but I think he can do a fine job in securing the WCC. In addition, Felipe knows the team inside and out and he and Fernando seem to get along and work well together. So it's worth keeping in miind how replacing him would add a burden on the team to get the new driver up to speed, which equals lost energy/focus where Fernando and the car is concerned.

Anyway, until we have the best car and I'm proven wrong, I won't be giving up on Felipe
    Right on target, well put together!

We must admit that both our drivers are doing a fantastic job this season with the car they've been given. For Fernando to be outscoring 1 Rb driver and the too Maccas at this time of the season, it is outstanding! And for Felipe, someone who is slowly getting his Mojo back going through hell (it must be said), he never gives up.

Lets push Ferrari with a support never seen before to give these guys the best car ever made in 2012.

"I cannot judge what he did in his time at Renault and McLaren but I have worked with World Champions Schumacher, Villeneuve and Raikkonen and Fernando is the one who impresses me the most," said Gene.

Fantastic post!

well Domenicali has promised a championship winning car for next year, so if your theory is correct and SD is correct Felipe will win races next year.

Fantastic post!

You've hit the nail on the head there. Absolutely spot on.

The fact that Alonso is 2nd in the WDC, ahead of one of the Red Bulls and both McLarens, in what has effectively been the 3rd fastest car for most of this season, says loads about him. Felipe is doing just fine.

The future is RED

This article fills me with confidence and excitement for Alonso and Ferrari's future. I can hardly wait.

I would like to see Jules Bianchi given a chance if/when Felipe leaves rather than Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Alonso View Post
    This article fills me with confidence and excitement for Alonso and Ferrari's future. I can hardly wait.

I would like to see Jules Bianchi given a chance if/when Felipe leaves rather than Perez.
    Me too, but i'm biased- i have seen the pictures of Fernando and Jules together at some events and they almost look like brothers. From their looks, they'd fit perfectly! Sure Jules seem to be a bit 'hotheaded' at times....but nothing that can't be 'fixed' with the right influence

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Me too, but i'm biased- i have seen the pictures of Fernando and Jules together at some events and they almost look like brothers. From their looks, they'd fit perfectly! Sure Jules seem to be a bit 'hotheaded' at times....but nothing that can't be 'fixed' with the right influence
    I like Bianchi as well, but he's way too raw to jump right into a full-time Ferrari race seat. Particularly, having someone like Alonso as his first team mate in F1 will destroy him (just look at how much flak Felipe is taking, and he's hardly a slouch or a rookie!). Bianchi needs to spend a season or two (at least) in a fairly competitive Sauber or something. And in any case, I don't think Bianchi is ready to get into F1 yet, he needs another couple of seasons in GP2 to mature a bit more.

Hence at this stage, Perez will be the more likely option imo.

The future is RED

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Hence at this stage, Perez will be the more likely option imo.
    But at this stage Felipe is still under contract......

Yeah, Bianchi looks quite good, it would be interesting to see if we take a chance on him at some point. Learning from Fernando would be a great start to a F1 career.

Idea

Kind of interesting. Looking at the racing scorecard (which is a 'who beat who in how many races' stat), I'd say that against Alosno, Felipe is doing about the same as Hamilton---considering that Hamilton is driving a car that has been better than the Ferrari this season, but he has only beat Fernando in 4 out of 13 races.

Sure, it's not the most important stat, but it is something us Felipe fans can bring up at other forums where Hamilton fans are bashing Felipe. They sure won't like to see those numbers

But at this stage Felipe is still under contract......
    Of course, what I meant was from 2013 at the earliest, since by all indications, it seems like next year will be Felipe's last year with us.

And by then, Perez would have had a good couple of seasons F1 experience at Sauber, and then if he is given the drive with Ferrari (from 2013), Bianchi can jump into his seat at Sauber, who by then would have had had a good 3 seasons or so at GP2 (and hence will be a much more developed driver than he is today).

But time will tell I guess!

The future is RED

Alonso deserves a quick car

Although Alonso era is underway, so it is not such as Alonso would like. For example, his well-known engineers are not employed at the Ferrari team, but Pat Fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Yeah, Bianchi looks quite good, it would be interesting to see if we take a chance on him at some point. Learning from Fernando would be a great start to a F1 career.
    hes a bit hotheaded right now, imo. but i guess Felipe was like that too.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Kind of interesting. Looking at the racing scorecard (which is a 'who beat who in how many races' stat), I'd say that against Alosno, Felipe is doing about the same as Hamilton---considering that Hamilton is driving a car that has been better than the Ferrari this season, but he has only beat Fernando in 4 out of 13 races.

Sure, it's not the most important stat, but it is something us Felipe fans can bring up at other forums where Hamilton fans are bashing Felipe. They sure won't like to see those numbers

Interesting stuff. Although it could be argued that Fernando is in the same car, ie, he is beating Hamilton with the same equipment as Felipe.

I think that Alonso will someday be spoken of in the same breath as the "moderns" Schumi, Prost, Senna, etc

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus