Thread: John Surtees and Fernando Alonso at Maranello

John Surtees and Fernando Alonso at Maranello

Jake is from today at Maranello for some filming, you can follow his twitter @jakehumphreyf1.

Fernando is getting strapped into the car for our little @shellmotorsport experiment...but what are we testing..?

What car is that? F60?

what car is this????
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

F60

are you sure...we can see the rear wing ...and it looks like the f150 wing...not the f60 rear
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225

I dunno but we should use the car behind
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I dunno but we should use the car behind
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225

This is F60 look at the side mirrors and sidepod and front nose

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post
    are you sure...we can see the rear wing ...and it looks like the f150 wing...not the f60 rear
    The exhaust is still on the engine cover. Definitely F60. Not F10 because of the nose cone and the mirror.

@jakehumphreyf1

Always amazing to be here. Had to enter on foot though as I was in a Merc and only Fiat group cars are allowed on site. #protectthebrand!

Oh, a video of Alonso vs Lauda coming?. Or is that Surtees?.

Surtees is a guest at Ferrari this week, looking forward to this feature very much :)

not often the BBC cover anyone other than Red Bull or McLaren...

Edit - Should have included this link! http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...-john-surtees/

Well I hope it's shown during Monza weekend and not Hockenheim, or we'll know what they will spend their time talking about after it is shown
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Well I hope it's shown during Monza weekend and not Hockenheim, or we'll know what they will spend their time talking about after it is shown
    luckily there is no hockenheim this year

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by scuderiafan View Post
    luckily there is no hockenheim this year
    Oops! Right enough, we're back to the Nurburgring aren't we! Good.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    They'll talk about it anyway, after they've interviewed Christian Horner and before Ted 'finds' Martin Whitmarsh!

wonder if the BBC and Jake got cold sweats for going into Ferrari and not their beloved RBR or Mclaren

Well, either way looking forward to see the video. Alonso v Lauda
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon View Post
    They'll talk about it anyway, after they've interviewed Christian Horner and before Ted 'finds' Martin Whitmarsh!
    "finds" no, just standing around their garage as always. That makes me laugh when i hear Ted say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    wonder if the BBC and Jake got cold sweats for going into Ferrari and not their beloved RBR or Mclaren

Well, either way looking forward to see the video. Alonso v Lauda
    I reckon they have only gone to Fiorano to film themselves 'curling one out' on the track rather than interview Surtees - such is their love RBR or Mclaren

John Surtees in Maranello, from the past to the present

Maranello, 29 June – For the past two days, a truly special guest was welcomed within the Ferrari walls, in the shape of a former Ferrari driver and one of the legendary names of the sport, John Surtees. He was involved, along with Fernando Alonso in a promotional event organised by Shell at the Fiorano track which saw Ferrari past and present brought together in the garage. “Looking into Fernando’s eyes, I could see the same determination I had when I was racing,” he said. “Time passes, but passion for racing is something that never changes across the centuries and if you have it in you, you see it in others.”

On leaving Alonso, Surtees met Piero Ferrari, the Ferrari vice president and Stefano Domenicali, the Scuderia team principal and was then taken on a tour of the company, beginning in the Ferrari Classiche department, where he was met by Giulio Borsari, a former mechanic and now a consultant to the company, who had worked closely with Surtees when he drove for the Maranello team. The Englishman is actually the only man to have won world championships in Formula 1 and its equivalent on motorbikes. He made the move to four wheels in 1960, having won seven world titles with MV Agusta and he joined Ferrari in 1962, taking the world title in ’64. Borsari and Surtees reminisced about the significant and enjoyable moments they spent together at the race tracks. The tour for the “figlio del vento” (son of the wind) as he was called back then by his Ferrari team, continued with a visit to the new assembly line and he was clearly impressed by the technology involved. “It’s incredible how everything has changed!” exclaimed Surtees on entering the building. “In my day, the cars were pushed on trolleys and a group of mechanics would work around it. Now, everyone has a place to work and no one seems to be pushing trolleys!”

It was an emotional moment when he went to the Ferrari Museum, where he was snapped alongside his old helmet and a winning photo dating from 1964.

110112_new.jpg110113_new.jpg
    Forza Ferrari

This is great stuff. Wonder where Massa is? Im sure he got the opp to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    This is great stuff. Wonder where Massa is? Im sure he got the opp to meet him.
    I think Felipe was due in Maranello during the second half of this week. I know he sent a letter to the Surtees family to send his condolences after death of Henry Surtees shortly before his own accident so it's possible they have met/spoken before.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by luicchi View Post

what car is this????
    think thats what Jake the pout is asking "its not blue or silver guys, erm, didnt realise there was other cars on the grid"