Page 1 of 21 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari F150 Updates

Ferrari plan to have a winning car by Canada

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...an-grand-prix/

Ferrari plan to have a winning car by Canadian Grand Prix
    Posted on | May 7, 2011 | by | No Comments

Ferrari have been worth watching this weekend, as they attempt to claw back ground lost to their rivals at the start of the season. And team boss Stefano Domenicali said that the turnaround won’t happen over night, but that the target is to have a winning car in Canada.

On Friday they ran a wide range of new parts on the car, some for use this weekend, others for possible use in Barcelona in a fortnight.

There was a new front wing, with many detail changes from the previous model, a rear wing, which seems to have got the thumbs up, a new floor, new brake details and they even ran two different exhaust configurations, one on each car.

They lost some track time with Alonso’s car due to hydraulic problems, but Massa managed to get through everything.

Having realised that their wind tunnel was giving misleading numbers, it’s all about evaluating the new direction which they believe they should take for the rest of the season.

“The most important thing (this weekend) is to confirm that we are on the right track,” Domenicali told my Italian colleagues. “We are seeking to correct quickly the mistakes from the wind tunnel, but we need time. We cannot expect a fast turnaround. The plan is to be ready to win in Canada.”

Canada was the start of the Ferrari turnaround last season, after they lost their way in April and May, having won the opening race in Bahrain.

Domenicali said that he would not make any predictions about Monaco as it is “a race where anything can happen” as Alonso knows only too painfully. He had a chance of winning last season, but crashed before qualifying and didn’t even go out in qualifying.

more lies . first Turkey, then Barsa, now it's Canada lol! Why can't they gather all the dignity they have left, come up forward, apologize to fans and admit that car is a dog. then at least I would not expect as much from them as I am forced to now.

And no, Stefano, we don't expect turnaround over night. It's been over 40 nights now. Turnaround still pending I figure??

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    more lies . first Turkey, then Barsa, now it's Canada lol! Why can't they gather all the dignity they have left, come up forward, apologize to fans and admit that car is a dog. then at least I would not expect as much from them as I am forced to now.

And no, Stefano, we don't expect turnaround over night. It's been over 40 nights now. Turnaround still pending I figure??
    I hope its not a lie, but I fully agree. Just shup up and work. Why build up false hopes? Whats the point? It just creates even more trubble come Canada if the car still is bad.

We are getting trolled.

It could be true because you can't improve a car in a month or so. It easilly takes up 2 months if the car isnt fundamentally slow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    It could be true because you can't improve a car in a month or so. It easilly takes up 2 months if the car isnt fundamentally slow.
    In the mean time, other cars are constantly improving. So we are only maintaining the gap.

We should find out who sabotaged our wind tunnel. Who was sacked last year?

does he mean a car good enough to win Ham style in Canada, or car on par with Bulls?

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

I'm pretty sure everyone is working their butts off to hell and back to fight back this season, its not a lost cause just yet

That said, I don't know why Ferrari finds these press statement necessary . The joke would be on us if we cannot deliver. And it would be even more spectacular if we improved quietly and surprise everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

That said, I don't know why Ferrari finds these press statement necessary . The joke would be on us if we cannot deliver. And it would be even more spectacular if we improved quietly and surprise everyone
    Well said

lmao at the usual subjects getting angry and "demanding" that they are satisfied. Hope it makes you feel better

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    We are getting trolled.
    Gee, ya think?

To have a winning car, I think we need to be at most 2-3 tenths from Pole (in Qualy form). Our race pace is usually better, so until Canada we need at least 5-6 tenths relative improvement. There's a little more than a month left, with 4 races in that time. We can do it!

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

I am not worried about Monaco to be honest, its a low downforce circuit, we can be lot close. So, basically its about tomorrow & Barcelona where we already have planned new updates

Quote Originally Posted by RedRebel40 View Post
    dont think Mclaren was following your script on that then mate They were, lets face it, no where in testing. Then changed that rear end (exhaust exit) then bang, they RBRs closet rival. We will be there in Barca and Monaco. Thinks are going in the right direction for us.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    dont think Mclaren was following your script on that then mate They were, lets face it, no where in testing. Then changed that rear end (exhaust exit) then bang, they RBRs closet rival. We will be there in Barca and Monaco. Thinks are going in the right direction for us.
    Mclaren had some fundemental problems with the car, they somehow fixed that particular problem and they were fast.

i agree, i think when we do what mclaren did (copy redbull) and put our own little tweaks on it. we will be there or there abouts. i think by barca it will be vettel out in front on his own and just behind i think webber, mclaren ferrari mercedes will have nothing in it, (qualy and race) probably more driver ability than pace. just hope massa can get the most out of the car like alonso seems to nearly always do (in qualy).

It's going to be to late if the McL don't grabs more races from SV also MW need to get in the fight maybe even crash tomorrow as the last year.

X/A
    for Formula1 hi-res pics. & videos visit my blog
    http://formula1.softarchive.net/

I think they expect a winning car by Barna but It would be great to have a really winner car by Canada. It could be a bit late if Vettel wins some more races though. Hopefully tomorrow the German has some problems and Ferrari can reach the podium.

I'm waiting for the announcement 'we've abandoned development of this car to concentrate on 2012's car' ..... I sincerely hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa159 View Post
    I'm waiting for the announcement 'we've abandoned development of this car to concentrate on 2012's car' ..... I sincerely hope not!
    welcome to this forum
    however, WE are FERRARI, we never give up...i'd say that because if we have a winning car by CANADA, we are still very much so in this year championship
    and if anybody can do it, ALONSO is our man

so please have some faith, as we all have here, well most of us....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I wonder why we don't just use the Toyota tunnel for the rest of the season, while ours is being rebuilt? I'm sure Toyota would appreciate Ferrari's rent money for their unused tunnel.

Also, why are Mclaren able to close the gap so quickly, but we can't. In testing they were down big time, but come the first race, and they where right up there. Why can't we do the same thing? I'm beggining to think that if it was them in our shoes, they would've clawed back about a second now.

i think because mclaren more or less replicated the red bull with their final winter testing upgrade package, they also dropped their so called "octopuse" exhaust system which was apparently giving them problems both for pace and reliability. to me, ferrari have just altered the f10 to this years new rules, now we pay the price of trying to catch up... and i BELIEVE WE WILL... forza ferrari

McLaren had one single problem, their exhaust system. They reworked it and the car got instantly better on the rear end. F150 on the other hand has multiple problems, one of the worst being the additional hydraulics system for the rear wing. Also the suspension is nowhere near the one RBR has (well, no one else has that) and Felipe is still having heatup problems on the harder tyre compounds in Qualifyings.

I doubt anyone will catch RBR on car performance this year, but getting close is a target. If we don't win at Canada or atleast make it to podium and Wünderkid keeps on winning you can throw in the towel and start looking at 2012.

if we get our suspension sorted that will help alot, in handling and mechanical grip. Think the biggest issue we have, i hate say it. Is that the front wing is just tad to simple when you compare it to Renault, RBR and Mclaren, and now Williams is running more complex wing than ours. It all helps with the air flow around front wheels, flow to the floor, well the whole car. We will get there.

Forza Ferrari.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    if we get our suspension sorted that will help alot, in handling and mechanical grip. Think the biggest issue we have, i hate say it. Is that the front wing is just tad to simple when you compare it to Renault, RBR and Mclaren, and now Williams is running more complex wing than ours. It all helps with the air flow around front wheels, flow to the floor, well the whole car. We will get there.

Forza Ferrari.
    Haha compare it to the mercedes wing who is running the same wing for 3 years

Ferrari F150 Updates

OK, I start this thread just because I think that it is better to have one and keep alll updates in one place. What do you think? Can someone posts photos from the Barcelona and then?

great idea. alonso says phase 3 coming in Monaco. lets just see.

well i know we will have one massive upgrade that will at least give us 2 seconds.

the supersoft.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Monaco is so totally different from all the other places that you really can't judge performance there and compare it to other tracks. Going to wait for Canada and then pass judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFerrari View Post
    Monaco is so totally different from all the other places that you really can't judge performance there and compare it to other tracks. Going to wait for Canada and then pass judgment.
    True, but you still need a very quick car to qualify on the first row... If we can do that in Monaco, I will consider the updates a success

one good thing about the car. surely our KERS is great? especially after Alonsos start? so mechanically we are fine i guess, but aero is screwing us.

bring on monaco.