Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Brazilian GP Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Is this 'let's all take our frustrations out on Massa' day or something?
    i believe we can be much worse
    not gonna change my profile picture

Good race, good result. Nice at end to see Fernando catching Webber, that was nervous few laps. think Stefano playing down next week. We should go well at Abu Dhabi, we good traction and stable under braking, that track requires that. Strong position still, well happy with that result. 2nd is defiantly possible.

Real shame for Felipe today, deserved better race.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I'm finding it weird also, specially because this shouldn't really be a frustrated weekend, alonso is in a very good position to be the champion next weekend, the only way he won't win it is if redbull gets a 1 and 2 there, and this would not be alonso's fault, redbull had the best car all season long, like stefano said it's a wonder they still haven't won the WDC yet, to me it tells us how good fernando is, he always kept up with them even when the car was so much worse.

As for felipe having another difficult race, well there's a reason why ferrari took the decision of having him as a backup since germany/2nd half of the season, it's because he has had problems with the car all season long... he needs alot of improvement for next season, he is doing everything he can for now, with this car, which obviously he wasn't able to take all from it like alonso could.

Let's remanin positive people, the problem with redbull is that they sometimes have reliability issues, it wouldn't be the first time that fernando simply needs to sit back and be patient, remember fernando always when he was in that position he did mention he had a little bit extra hiding in his pockets, and maybe that's something he is waiting for in the last hand. I'm feeling very positive about fernando's chances next weekend ! if there's one thing that we can tell from fernando's history is that whenever he is in a position like this, where he only depends on his own work and luck, he wins it!!

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

I think the only frustration we can take on Massa is him not putting a better performance on track over the season... I think we would be fighting for the WCC if it wasn't for Massa performing really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by AvantiFer View Post
    I think the only frustration we can take on Massa is him not putting a better performance on track over the season... I think we would be fighting for the WCC if it wasn't for Massa performing really bad...
    Yeah its pretty wierd that almost every race fernando is around 0.5-0.8 seconds a lap quicker...

Last edited by DIEK; 7th November 2010 at 20:02.

I know that Ferrari mechanics messed up Massa's pit stop (last race Alonso and this Massa, come on they can do better than that!) but what I'm angry about is that he couldn't overtake Barrichello meanwhile his teammate overtook Hamilton and another Williams. Actually Massa didn't even put any pressure on Barrichello. I know that Ferrari is quicker than Williams but not when Massa is on its wheel....

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    I know that Ferrari mechanics messed up Massa's pit stop (last race Alonso and this Massa, come on they can do better than that!) but what I'm angry about is that he couldn't overtake Barrichello meanwhile his teammate overtook Hamilton and another Williams. Actually Massa didn't even put any pressure on Barrichello. I know that Ferrari is quicker than Williams but not when Massa is on its wheel....
    the mechanics didnt mess up his stop, there was a problem fitting the wheel. As ever mechanics done super job under those circumstances.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Fernando does look quite satisfied with himself (and he should, by overtaking Hamilton and then Hülkenberg he did everything he could have possibly done in this race)

webber was the only one on podium who looked like he was attending funeral not celebrations. fernando has every reason to be satisfied with himself
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by AvantiFer View Post
    I've got to agree. Massa has been really underperforming. He's usually more than half a second adrift off Alonso's qualifying and race pace. This reminds of the performance gap Michael often had over Eddie Irvine as a team mate. I'm tired of waiting for the next race or the race after that for Massa to improve his performance. We need a stong team mate to push Alonso and pick up as many podiums as possible for the WCC. Ferrari may have to consider other drivers at this point.
    Schumy: Simply the best --Team Ferrari
    "There always will be a Ferrari, and the reason for that is simple. There always will be people who want something better than a Timex watch" --anonymous--

Fernando did the best he could today- and as he said- 5 podiums in the last 5 races and we'll see- well he got 4 out of 4 so far so let's see what we do next week. It would be absolutely great to have Felipe also up there mixing it in but he had a horrible day today and I am sure he wasn't pleased in front of his home crowd either.
    Did anyone else think that once Fernando passed Hulk and Ham was no longer a problem he just coasted? I mean to push too hard and risk a DNF just was not an option so I really got the impression he and the team thought- OK we secure 3rd and go for it next week in the finale. I could be totally wrong of course.......
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by siberianlady View Post
    Fernando did the best he could today- and as he said- 5 podiums in the last 5 races and we'll see- well he got 4 out of 4 so far so let's see what we do next week. It would be absolutely great to have Felipe also up there mixing it in but he had a horrible day today and I am sure he wasn't pleased in front of his home crowd either.
    Did anyone else think that once Fernando passed Hulk and Ham was no longer a problem he just coasted? I mean to push too hard and risk a DNF just was not an option so I really got the impression he and the team thought- OK we secure 3rd and go for it next week in the finale. I could be totally wrong of course.......
    I think even the commentators were saying the same. But more so after the pitstops. He just dropped his pace wrt webber... and only picked it up after the SC period. It was a smart thing to do.. he could not risk an engine failure.
    Silently, like a shadow

There's no excuse for Massa to continue having these "bad weekends". He costs us the WCC, and in these last few races Alonso has been doing it alone, and I wholly expect Massa to be a non-factor again in Abu Dhabi. I wish it was the Red Bulls versus the FerrariS next weekend, but sadly it's gonna be Red Bull versus Fernado Alonso.

Take heart. At least your hero is up there.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Brakefade View Post
    There's no excuse for Massa to continue having these "bad weekends". He costs us the WCC, and in these last few races Alonso has been doing it alone, and I wholly expect Massa to be a non-factor again in Abu Dhabi. I wish it was the Red Bulls versus the FerrariS next weekend, but sadly it's gonna be Red Bull versus Fernado Alonso.
    Quote for Truth.

I am sorry but truth can have a bad taste. Massa has been underperforming all year and at a point the excuses need to end.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Not sure Felipe cost us the WCC on his own. I can see where you're coming from but that statement regarding the WCC being lost solely because of Felipe is inaccurate. That's like saying Fernando is where he currently is only because of Fernando.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    webber was the only one on podium who looked like he was attending funeral not celebrations. fernando has every reason to be satisfied with himself

Probably annoyed that Red Bull didnt make Vettel move aside for him

Quote Originally Posted by siberianlady View Post
    I thought so too... It was obvious that we are never going to close that 10 seconds gap, so I think we decided to be more conservative and just secure that 3rd place.

Probably he cost us the second position on the WCC, nothing more. We should support Felipe now, we will have time to criticize him next season if he keep with this resoults.

On a Ferrari site we expect to see support for the team and it's drivers whether they are up or down. At the moment Felipe needs our support. If I was near him I would give him a big hug.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger------let's just write off this year for Felipe and look forward to his return to form in 2011

Forza Jules

As a Ferrari person, the race was exciting because my guys are fighting for the Championships..but as a race by itself, it was pretty standard...I mean, great that Nico got pole..but really, just another slower car to
    hold up the title contenders, which he did...I dont think FA had the pace to pass Webber, but I wouldve liked to see him have the opportunity to try...

It also seems that the last few races, some of the backmarkers really making it hard for the quicker cars to get by..the new teams seem to be doing ok when it comes to moving, but the Toro n Force guys have
    been all over the place..I know thats racing n a lot of drivers are driving for their jobs, but w/the title fight so close, it made me cringe everytime one of my guys had to try and get past...

I found it odd that Nico got pole in a Williams..by a second at that...

I support Felipe, 100%, but he has been doing badly. Deosn't matter, he'll pick himself up.
    Also, how can you say he cost us the WCC? That RedBull car is as dominant as the Byrne Ferraris were, and you're saying we could have beaten them?
    Not likely, they have made mistakes but that RB6 was something else.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo