Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Korean Grand Prix in doubt

Imola will be awesome

i think it is pretty certain now that there won't be a Korean gp after a crane crashes in the main grandslam.

Quote Originally Posted by goferrarigo View Post
    i think it is pretty certain now that there won't be a Korean gp after a crane crashes in the main grandslam.
    i think u meant grandstand mate.
    anyway, all i have to say about it is... when in doubt... stop.

on a side note, for me it would be nice to have another go at spa. last time we were there, the upgrades were not working as they should. but now that they're ok, it would be nice to see a buttspanking performance from ferrari. should be enough to see horner turn a shade paler still.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeswing View Post
    i think u meant grandstand mate.
    anyway, all i have to say about it is... when in doubt... stop.

on a side note, for me it would be nice to have another go at spa. last time we were there, the upgrades were not working as they should. but now that they're ok, it would be nice to see a buttspanking performance from ferrari. should be enough to see horner turn a shade paler still.
    sorry didn't realise the spelling mistake. I hope we only have 3 races instead of 4 because of Alonso's engine issue also i think if we did race there Red fools would be fast.

if korean gp is not raced it will be replaced with another race or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    if korean gp is not raced it will be replaced with another race or not?
    I don't think so because it takes months to organise a GP.

no two Brazilian gp's it seems..
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has no doubts that the Korean Grand Prix will go ahead, even though a final inspection of the new track will not take place until next week.

FIA race director Charlie Whiting is due to undertake a 48-hour evaluation of the new Korean venue immediately after the Japanese GP - with a decision on whether the track is up to standard expected before Wednesday.

Even though there will be no official confirmation about the event until then, Ecclestone indicated on Saturday that the race was definitely on – despite recent delays in construction of the circuit.

"I will be there, the world will be watching and we will have a great race - it is on, end of story," Ecclestone told the Daily Express, just a fortnight on from having expressing some doubts about the event.

"They had problems but they have done wonders in the last few weeks. I've been in touch; I've seen photographs and the top layer of the track has been laid. They will pass the inspection."

F1 teams had expressed some concern about Korea being called off so soon before the event – especially with a world title at stake – but all were happy for the final decision to be left in the FIA's hands.

Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug said: "We supported the decision to go there. I'm sure the right decision will be taken by the FIA and I want to underline that if we had stayed where we used to be, years and years ago, Formula 1 wouldn't be what Formula 1 is right now.

"Of course, everybody would have wished that this track is ready a little bit earlier but I'm sure there are good reasons for the delay. But if you look back, there was a lot of criticism sometimes of new tracks which are really good right now.

"I think Formula 1 developed in a very good way and of course Bernie was very much pushing in that direction. It is not the easiest way to go motor racing for the teams but if you are not growing, it's just wrong and I think it's the right approach, really."
    not gonna change my profile picture

Latest pic of Korean "track"

How on earth can "that" be "ready"?

Everyone Guaranteed a seat in the "sands"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9081589.stm
    Last edited by Tifosi; 11th October 2010 at 18:05.

"Luna faccia schiaffo testa"

Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post

How on earth can "that" be "ready"?

Everyone Guaranteed a seat in the "sands"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9081589.stm
    Well everyone can just watch from helicopters.

Yeongam 2010, 10 oct
    Last edited by TIFOSI_FERRARI; 11th October 2010 at 22:22.

Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

They may just pull this off...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Korean Grand Prix gets FIA go-ahead

The Korean Grand Prix will take place later this month after the FIA gave the circuit a green light on Tuesday following two days of safety inspections.

Although the event has been surrounded by speculation for weeks that the venue would not be finished in time for the October 24 race, FIA race director Charlie Whiting was happy with the progress that had been made.

Whiting told race officials that he had seen enough at the track to convince him that he will issue it with the mandatory circuit licence that it needs to host a Formula 1 race.

In a statement issued by race organisers, Whiting said: "It is satisfactory, and I will issue the license through (ASN) KARA."

Race promoter Yung Cho Chung welcomed the FIA approval, and said he believed the grand prix would ignite huge interest in his country.

"We are delighted that all works are now finished to the complete satisfaction of the FIA, and we join the whole of Korea in welcoming the Formula 1 fraternity to the Korea International Circuit for the first time," he said.

"The KIC has been constructed to the highest standards, and will become the epicentre of motorsport in the country. We believe the Korean Grand Prix will be the catalyst to ignite enormous interest in the sport across the nation."

Aerial photographs of the track this week showed that the final layer of asphalt had been laid, but that much of the infrastructure around the venue was not yet totally complete.

F1 teams said at the weekend that they expected the race to go ahead, even though F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has expressed some reservations about it in Singapore a fortnight ago.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said: "I think we have got to respect the fact that a lot of money has been spent, and a lot of effort put in, and I am sure the Korean nation will ensure that there is a grand prix."

Mercedes GP team boss Ross Brawn said: "As far as we know, yes it will happen. The final surface has been laid and they are finishing off the kerbs and so on...I think the infrastructure will be a bit weak, but we want to race there and we need to do everything we can, as long as it is safe to race there."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87421
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Looks fantastic- and the seats look a lot more roomy than the crap at Eau rouge! lol (makes note to maybe go to Korea 2011).........
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Great pics--it looks an amazing track. I am sure they will finish it. I just can't wait for the race now!

Forza Jules

Good news
    Forza Ferrari

Here s to a Ferrari 1-2 to christian the track...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Here s to a Ferrari 1-2 to christian the track...
    That's brilliant!
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

What is Noah's Arc doing over the pit-straight?

does anyone else got this feeling that is going to be another abu dhabi circuit? it "looks" fantastic, but it doesn't make a good race, and from the pictures it looks superb, like the modern day F1 demands, pleasing to the fans eyes but not to racing, from playing the f1 2010, it feels like it has the problem that abu dhabi has, it's just flat, with so much money and effort put in, again, would it kill tilk to have put in some elevations here and there? it's almost like he keeps setting F1 to failure.

No matter how fantastic and dream like everything ELSE and AROUND the track, if it makes the race boring, if it doesn't challenge engineers or drivers like suzuka, imola, spa and interlagos, it doesn't really matter.

I for one will rather attend a race where i can sit on the grass but see some serious mean race going on, then again i'm one of the interlagos tifosi, lord knows we will be climbing trees just to get a glimpse of those red little cars, and the race in brazil is always full of events.

i hope they can throw a good race in korea, cause the place sure looks cool for the fans, hope the race track is as good.

T
    he art isn't in never falling but in always getting up.

Good news.

Always great getting a bird's eye view of a circuit; you realize how amazing it really is that these men in their cars can go around something so vast in under 2 minutes.

Woohoo, I'm excited now
    Not so much about another weekend with ridiculously early starts though.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Woohoo, I'm excited now
    Not so much about another weekend with ridiculously early starts though.
    Poor baby

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Hopefully raceday won't be quite so early as last ime........
    Do we know anything about ticket sales? Ie is anyone actually going to this race?
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Poor baby
    You're used to it in the US, we're not
    Forza Jules

I don't like the layout at all. From what I can see, it looks like yet another boring Tilke track. I hope the drivers prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    I don't like the layout at all. From what I can see, it looks like yet another boring Tilke track. I hope the drivers prove me wrong.
    Let's hope the Bulls prove you wrong- that they slip and slide so much on the new oily tarmac that they leave their marks on all the barriers.............and we win of course!
    Keep Racing!
    www.fofassociation.com