Thread: LMS – Ferrari one-two at Parco Algarve

Big Grin LMS – Ferrari one-two at Parco Algarve

YEEEEEES!!!! shame eurosport only had last 30 minutes of the race last night!!! AF Corse got the better of the Porcshes. Yet again, Bruni and Melo showing why they are the best. Fisi had good race......

Maranello, 18 July 2010 – Jaime Melo and Gimmi Bruni took the GT2 class win at the wheel of one of the three AF Corse Ferraris entered in the Algarve 1000 km, the first night race of the Le Mans Series, held at the Portuguese Parco Algarve circuit. The impressive duo made the most of starting from the pole position secured with a great lap the previous morning and crossed the line ahead of the other F430 driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Jean Alesi and Toni Vilander and the Porsche 997 of Marc Lieb and Richard Lietz. “It was a good race,” commented Fisichella once it was over. “We had some problems at the pit stop and lost valuable seconds because the radio was not working properly, but in the final laps, when we were lying third, Vilander managed to pass the Porsche and get us onto the second step of the podium.” The Roman driver leaves Portimao with 52 points in the Drivers’ classification, as do his team-mates, which puts them second, just ten lengths behind Lieb and Lietz, while Ferrari is now up to 106 points in the Constructors’, only three points behind Porsche. A long one month break now follows, before the fourth round in this prestigious series, which takes place over the weekend of 22 August at the Hungaroring in Hungary.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

18/07/2010
    ELMS Portimao: the race www.afcorse.it
    A wonderful race for AF Corse. Gianmaria Bruni and Jaime Mero win the third race of championship in Portimao. They are perfect fron start the end flag. Second position for Alesi, Fisichella and Vilander. Sixty positio for Luis Perez Companc and Matias Russo: they were perfect in all race.

1 AF Corse BRUNI/MELO Ferrari F430 GT
    2 AF Corse ALESI /FISICHELLA /VILANDER Ferrari F430 GT
    3 Team Felbermayr Proton LIEB /LIETZ Porsche 997 GT3
    4 JMW Motorsport BELL/TURNER Aston Martin
    5 Team Felbermayr Proton RAGGINGER /RIED/HENZLER Porsche 997 GT3
    6 AF Corse COMPANC/RUSSO Ferrari F430 GT
    7 Hankook Team Farnbacher FARNBACHER/SIMONSEN Ferrari F430
    8 CRS Racing KIRKALDY/MULLEN Ferrari F430

Is this on in the States at all? (I know that I keep asking )

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

i will check it out for you my friend.

Appreciated, amico mio

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

just got this from the le mans series website...

Americas
    America Speed Channel Cable & Satellite Highlights and Magazines of all events

just been checking Speeds listings for the week (well up till friday) cannt see a highlight programme. But they do show the races live, and as web site says Speed do highlights so keep eye out my friend. Must be on there at some point.
    Last edited by Rob; 21st July 2010 at 19:11.