Thread: can they have maserati as safety car?

can they have maserati as safety car?

in formula 1 can they have other branded cars as safety car , like to see bmw , maserati , porche , or audi ,why do they have mercedes all the time , they are changing tyre supplier year after year , or in between 3 years , like that why dont they change the safety car , like to see another car other than mercedes ...............

They put it out to tender and the company who offers the best deal gets the job of supplying all the F1 vehicles (several safety cars, medical cars, course cars, and a good selection of other pool cars and mini busses for use at the tracks).

Other companies either don't have the full range of vehicles to offer or choose not to submit a bid.
    Disclaimer: The views expressed by this forum member are purely opinions and observations and should not be interpreted as fact, or indeed as anything other than a cheap gag for my own amusement.

The Benz coupes from previous years looked a lot better than the unfortunately awkward looking SLS they're now using.
    In every race I'm reminded what a clumsy design it is tho to damn it with faint praise it's not as bad as the bargelike SLR was.

Since mercedes is also an active participant in the event, I think there's a conflict of interests here, or should be.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Since mercedes is also an active participant in the event, I think there's a conflict of interests here, or should be.
    LOL I hope you are really not being serious
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe not, but they need to be painted a bit brighter. Burnout Boy Liewser can't spot cars with flashing lights on top.

He is also colourblind. Can't see red lights.

Maybe we should use this for Ramilton then...

If he ain't see it too, he will feel it...

Quote Originally Posted by crewskas View Post
    Maybe we should use this for Ramilton then...

If he ain't see it too, he will feel it...
    And if they try to overtake it anyway it could fire a pair of warning shots

Quote Originally Posted by Agron View Post
    And if they try to overtake it anyway it could fire a pair of warning shots
    Why'd he have to fire a warning shot? Just shoot at him next time he tries to overtake a SC.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."