Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A day on track for Alonso at Fiorano

Ferrari happy to clarify testing rules

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says he would be happy to clarify Formula 1's testing rules in the wake of the controversy over a filming day his team used at Fiorano ahead of the European Grand Prix.

Rival outfits were fuming that Ferrari was able to put some miles on its new exhaust blown diffuser at its official test track under the guise of a promotional event.

Following calls for the regulations to be clarified, Domenicali has said he would welcome such a move - but said he was unhappy his opposition had complained to the press rather than speaking directly to him.

"I think that a lot of people like to speak," said Domenicali when asked by AUTOSPORT about the testing situation. "If I have a problem I use my mobile phone and I call personally. This is my style; I don't use you to say something.

"But, I think that the filming day was pretty clear. If the people want to be more comfortable then I know there are discussions in order to tidy up the wording, and I have no problem with that 100 per cent."

Domenicali is adamant that Ferrari did nothing wrong in taking footage of its car at Fiorano – something that is allowed under the testing restriction regulations.

"A filming day is something related to the fact that we wanted to use our possible 100 km in order to produce filming for the customers, our network, our dealerships," he said.

"If you want to do some filming then you have to pay and this is what we were doing. And if someone has a problem, they can call me and I can explain."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84881
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

"If I have a problem I use my mobile phone and I call personally. This is my style; I don't use you to say something.
    Brilliant response from Stefano, that one!

The future is RED

Still love how when MS used a similar day at Rockingham to test their new wheelbase it was a non issue, F1 really annoys me at times with such petty little scandals and bitching.
    Forza Ferrari

Well, like I said before, I think we should be doing "filming" days at Fiorano every week now! Anything to wind up the haters!

The future is RED

LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ek583 View Post
    Well, like I said before, I think we should be doing "filming" days at Fiorano every week now! Anything to wind up the haters!
    i'm with you on this one....filming day every week at Fiorano to test the new parts...that would really make them MAD!!!!
    but who cares, filming days are alowed...LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.