Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 612 Scaglietti replacement thread - spy shots & news

612 Scaglietti replacement thread - spy shots & news

Spy Shots: First longer-wheelbase Ferrari 612 Scaglietti replacement spotted

Ferrari is reportedly currently working on the three V12 cars that will replace its comparable current offerings: the 612 Scaglietti, 599 GTB, and Enzo. The 612's follow-on will be the first one to arrive, likely in early 2012, and another mule has been spotted out and about. It still sports the hood scoop (bigger engine with more power, anyone?) and California-style stacked tailpipes, and it looks like it might have a longer wheelbase to boot.

Rumor has it that the new direct-injected V12 will be 40 percent less polluting and get 40 percent better gas mileage than the 5.7-liter V12 presently in use, even as it's expected to get a slight 7-horsepower bump to 540. The fuel economy increase would provide a very respectable 16 MPG – not bad for a car that ought to hustle to 60 MPH in about 4.5 seconds. Check out a host of new spy photos in our gallery below. In case you're curious, the sticker on the steering wheel boss which reads "Betrieb nur mit geschlossener Motorhaube" is an instruction telling drivers that the engine should only be started with the hood closed.

source

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

Ferrari reportedly confirms all-wheel drive hybrid system

by Jeremy Korzeniewski (RSS feed) on Nov 2nd 2009 at 7:26PM

It's long been suspected that Ferrari was hard at work developing a hybrid powertrain for its line of supercars and grand touring machines, especially since a series of patents were unearthed proving that the Italian automaker had at least sketched plans for such a system. Still, Ferrari had never confirmed such rumors.

That is until now, at least according to Autocar. An unnamed source tells the British magazine that the hybrid drivetrain will debut on the next-gen 612 (could the recently-spotted long-wheelbase 612 be a hybrid mule?) with a pair of torque-laden electric motors that will be connected to the front wheels. Ferrari's traditional V12 or possibly a turbocharged V8 engine would send power to the GT car's rear wheels.

As befitting an automobile wearing the coveted Prancing Horse badge, Ferrari is said to be using the system to benefit handling and not to improve fuel efficiency. Whatever the case, we'll surely know more by 2014 or so when Ferrari is actually expected to have the hybrid ready for production.

autoblog.com

I like it! Pity about the front end, costly?

Thumbs up Spy Shots: Ferrari 612 Scaglietti replacement caught out on the prowl

...the successor to the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti is destined to be a swoopy, sexy coupe when it launches sometime next year.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/12/s...ght-out-on-the

Pics:
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-s...12-scaglietti/

Ferrari 612 successor snapped again, interior revealed
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/18/s...erior-reveale/

Pics:
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-s...612-successor/

Looking good!

Must be for this?

Exciting I loved the 612. It wasn't a very photogenic car, but the only one I've ever seen in the flesh (metal?) took my breath away. Yeah, in another dimension where I had a few quid, the 612 would have been my pick from the current crop. Looking forward to see this successor fully unmasked.

Private reveal all lined up!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/19/f...anuary-21-tea/

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Exciting I loved the 612. It wasn't a very photogenic car, but the only one I've ever seen in the flesh (metal?) took my breath away. Yeah, in another dimension where I had a few quid, the 612 would have been my pick from the current crop. Looking forward to see this successor fully unmasked.

Four seat Fezzas depreciate like stones so maybe in a few years you a 612 will be in reach! Its a lovely car but amongst all the other offerings coming out of Maranello, it isn't quite lovely enough to get the attention it deserves.

Looking forward to seeing the new one!

Nice!

Last edited by Curbs; 21st January 2011 at 10:25.

4wd

I don't like it at all. They give us something like the Italia thats totally beautiful inside and out and they suddenly present something thats looks like the by-product of an Italia, California and Panamera had they had an Orgy. I'm really not warming up to it unlike tha 612.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

It's ...... interesting.
    FORZA FERRARI

Like most Ferraris, I think it will all fall in to place when you see the car live.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Like most Ferraris, I think it will all fall in to place when you see the car live.
    I'm not holding my hopes though. 1st time I saw the FF I thought its nice but when you look at it longer and see the details it starts to get ugly. Normally, its the opposite because you wait for it to grow on you but its grows and suddenly you start to think what was Pininfarina thinking?

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

If they get rid of the kink in the roof it'd look nice. Now the rear roofline makes it look like a BMW Z4.

I like the rear view. But seeing that face appear in your rear view mirror!! It looks angry.

Disgrace to Ferrari brand and history, ugly 4x4 universal, 450 litre trunk. And I thought that Ferrari can't make a worse cars than scagletti... Whats next? Ferrari version of Fiat500?

Yes, if you look to the history this car is way off. But the market demands new concepts. Look at Porsche, first the Cayenne, and then the Panamera (wich the FF should aim at) If they should go all the way with the FF it would have reardoors as well.

Looking at the FF and the 458 Italia, I think the replacement for the 599 (next year?) will be spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    Disgrace to Ferrari brand and history, ugly 4x4 universal, 450 litre trunk. And I thought that Ferrari can't make a worse cars than scagletti... Whats next? Ferrari version of Fiat500?
    I don't feel as strongly as you do, but i do agree. Ferrari IMO should not be making porsches. its a shame, because it looks like it could have been a great car, apart from the roof. but it can do 208mph. not bad.

In Stefano Domenicali, we have a team boss who has proved to be a leader. - Luca diMontezemelo

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_F View Post
    This rendering was far to close (actually, it's pretty much identical) to the real deal for the artist not to have had knowledge of this car. Someone leaked. Will keep my eyes on that particular artist for future Ferrari releases.

Here are some 'real-life' shots....

FORZA FERRARI

Ohhh and now we make family cars, Is it me or can I see the Chrysler crossfire and a Volvo C90 in there,

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

*IN LOVE* This is just beautiful! It has everything what real Ferrari needs (power, fury, aggressiveness, elegance,...) and you can drive it everywhere now. You can even go on family holiday or just make a big shopping. Great car.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I really think, this Ferrari is as proper, as all other models...
    Keep in mind, the 250 GTO...
    And FF looks a lot like a 250...
    But it's a 4 seater and a 4wd (up to 70km/h I think and rwd above that, which sounds great in every occasion).

I hope it grows on me like the California did. Was not sure about the Cal when I first saw pictures of it but seeing it in the flesh for the first time was amazing.

The FF looks ok and Porsche messed up with their latest big 4 seater making a truly ugly car. However sadly the first thing that came to mind when I saw the side image was this!!!!!!

By the way:

Ferrari 250 GT SWB Breadvan, so history is there.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Yeah but the Breadvan was not a true Ferrari bodystyle. But I get your point!