Thread: Enzo Speaks

Enzo Speaks

" Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " As agreed, since the first lap I should have looked for the shape of Campari's P2 in the driving mirror, if I had lead the way, to give him way with dispatch. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " But each time I seemed to be climbing into a roller coaster and finding myself coming through the downhill run with that sort of dazed feeling that we all know. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " Campari explained me that he had hidden the car in a by-street, after having retired for a damage to the change-gear, so that the antagonists would not have realized too soon his surrender. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " I had a very speedy start and at each lap I repeated my search in the mirror, but in vain: I couldn't see the P2. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " In the team of the Alfa there was also Campari with the famous P2, but, unfortunately, he was forced to retire. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " My mechanic was Eugenio Siena, a Campari's cousin, full of an agonistic spirit which was over his relationship duties, who died in Tripoli in the Grand Prix of 1938 when he was graduating as an international pilot. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " The client is not always right. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " With this car I had won at Ravenna the Racetrack of Savio and at Rovigo the Racetrack of Polesine, but in the Acerbo Cup I initialed my fame as a pilot. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " Worried about his absence - Campari's car was faster than mine- and the chase of Bonmartini and Giulio Masetti's Mercedes, I looked at Siena with a first sign to slow down. "

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

"The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few."

Enzo Ferrari

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    " Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " As agreed, since the first lap I should have looked for the shape of Campari's P2 in the driving mirror, if I had lead the way, to give him way with dispatch. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " But each time I seemed to be climbing into a roller coaster and finding myself coming through the downhill run with that sort of dazed feeling that we all know. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " Campari explained me that he had hidden the car in a by-street, after having retired for a damage to the change-gear, so that the antagonists would not have realized too soon his surrender. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " I had a very speedy start and at each lap I repeated my search in the mirror, but in vain: I couldn't see the P2. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " In the team of the Alfa there was also Campari with the famous P2, but, unfortunately, he was forced to retire. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " My mechanic was Eugenio Siena, a Campari's cousin, full of an agonistic spirit which was over his relationship duties, who died in Tripoli in the Grand Prix of 1938 when he was graduating as an international pilot. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " The client is not always right. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " With this car I had won at Ravenna the Racetrack of Savio and at Rovigo the Racetrack of Polesine, but in the Acerbo Cup I initialed my fame as a pilot. "

Enzo Ferrari
    " Worried about his absence - Campari's car was faster than mine- and the chase of Bonmartini and Giulio Masetti's Mercedes, I looked at Siena with a first sign to slow down. "
    Enzo really knows how to express himself...

Do you remember (or find it somewhere) that phrase which I quote Forza Ferrari forum "The red car is beautiful when it wins no matter who the driver is"?

If I correctly remember one (unfamous) finnish F1 TV-commentator repeated that again and again when Shumi was in his top form 2000 ->...

Eddie Irvine 1996-1999 4 wins WDC best 2nd 1xWCC
    Forza Scuderia Ferrari!

he had some good lines!

Quote Originally Posted by AP_ View Post
    Enzo really knows how to express himself...

Do you remember (or find it somewhere) that phrase which I quote Forza Ferrari forum "The red car is beautiful when it wins no matter who the driver is"?

If I correctly remember one (unfamous) finnish F1 TV-commentator repeated that again and again when Shumi was in his top form 2000 ->...
    Can't seem to find it, amico mio

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

OK, maybe he was just speaking rubbish...

I can`t find any quotes from web and I think the hole sentence was made up in his own head

Forza Scuderia Ferrari!

Guys is it true that Ferrari was not italian drivers oriented due to the big emotianal pressure italian drivers had because of driving for Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimsa View Post
    Guys is it true that Ferrari was not italian drivers oriented due to the big emotianal pressure italian drivers had because of driving for Ferrari?

Almost

They did not like to hire Italian drivers, because they new the Italian press would hound them to death.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Almost

They did not like to hire Italian drivers, because they new the Italian press would hound them to death.
    In that case Luca badoer is emotionly crashed,and its not easy for Fisi 2 knowing how much its expected from him...overall its not easy to be a Ferrari driver at all.

Almost

Can you imagine any words from Enzos mouth regarding Luca B. performances in Valencia and Spa?

I think first then

Forza Scuderia Ferrari!

Is it true that Enzo never attended his races?
    It's a rumor that I heard somewhere...
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

Quote Originally Posted by zakfourie View Post
    Is it true that Enzo never attended his races?
    It's a rumor that I heard somewhere...
    Yeah, he used to listen on the radio.

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

Is it true that Mr. Enzo Ferrari did not like the red colour?

Is it true that he never had a red Ferrari?

Somebody told me that few years ago and I would like to know if he was right or not. Thanks.

Almost

I am sure I read that it was the death of an Italian driver in a Ferrari and the way the press reacted saying Ferrari killed them made Enzo say they would never hire another Italian driver.
    Forza Ferrari

Did he not have the same reaction with the Sharknose?

Is it true that he had all the 156 chassis destroyed because he was upset over the death of von Trips and several spectators in Monza?
    Last edited by killer; 9th September 2009 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Did he not have the same reaction with the Sharknose?

Is it true that he had all the 156 chassis destroyed because he was upset over the death of von Trips and several spectators in Monza?

Almost. Enzo ordered them destroyed, because of the death of his son, Dino, who they were named after

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Sorry to bring this old thread up again but I noticed this Enzos quote "La macchina bella č quella che vince"- "The car is beautiful when it wins". That was phrase what I meant, I just remembered it wrong

http://www.google.fi/search?hl=fi&q=...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Forza Scuderia Ferrari!