Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Russian Grand Prix build-up

The wolf stirring the pot regarding Charles and seb management.Well Mr wolf Ferrari have 2 world class drivers who are as passionate about winning as each other there are no butlers at Ferrari.Seb and Charles have reignited the f1 world.Mercedes are providing the boring festival staring the loyal whipping boy bottas and the in keeper Lewis.This soap opera has run it's race.Lewis has to race hard now the butler is well covered by Ferrari.Ferrari have strike power left and right.Mercedes are in the firing line big time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Race stewards

- Dr Gerd Ennser
    - Andrew Mallalieu
    - Emanuele Pirro [Drivers' Representative]
    - George Andreev [National Steward]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOmh7HXUAIWLl3.jpg

also

- Lap record: 1:35.861 (Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 2018)
    - Start line/finish line offset: 0.199km
    - Total number of race laps: 53
    - Total race distance: 309.745km
    - Pitlane speed limits: 60km/h in practice, qualifying, and the race.
    ► The track has been resurfaced at the exit of Turn 2, from the entry to the exit of Turn 8, from the entry to Turn 15 through to Point 16.5 and in a small section in the middle of the fast lane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFOm6H4X4AYSHnH.jpg
    After a long time u r back ???
    Not seeing any frequent posts from you...!! Hope everything is fine.
    We are missing @mwk too..!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    After a long time u r back ???
    Not seeing any frequent posts from you...!! Hope everything is fine.
    We are missing @mwk too..!!

I'm good. I post every now and then BUT not like before; this season is done for me a long time ago....really. Looking forward to 2020 with all the internal reorganization going on in the Scuderia and the new car under Binotto's direction.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I waiting to see if this updated car is the real deal or if just circumstances helped us look better than we were. I figure if we have improved 2 tenths or so in the twisty bits we should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I waiting to see if this updated car is the real deal or if just circumstances helped us look better than we were. I figure if we have improved 2 tenths or so in the twisty bits we should be ok.
    yeah, i say the same....no doubt the car has improved in high dowforce as well as slow speed corners; cause we got killed at tracks like this one, Monaco and Hungary....but if we still have the upper hand at next few races, also in Mexico where the track has some slow corners as well as Abu Dhabi if we do well there, then i'd say this car is hte real deal....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

On topic please. There are threads just 1-2 spots down on the list to discuss our drivers (if you must). Last warning mates, please

Not aimed at anyone in this particular page, obviously

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Let it be known that from here on I will be reporting every single off topic, hijacking post in every single thread until certain people decide to follow the rules.
    It is up to the Moderators to decide what to do from there on.

It has been getting more and more difficult to read a thread the way this has been going on.
    We 're not here to read pesky Vettel vs. Charles disputes or your opinions whether a driver needs to be sacked. In every single thread.

Respect the rules. It's easy. By doing so, you respect every member of this community.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Last edited by tifosi1993; 26th September 2019 at 19:10.

I'm good. I post every now and then BUT not like before; this season is done for me a long time ago....really. Looking forward to 2020 with all the internal reorganization going on in the Scuderia and the new car under Binotto's direction.

Red Bull and Toro Rosso's drivers will all take grid penalties at this weekend's #RussianGP as they run fresh versions of Honda's latest engine.��

Daniil Kvyat will start from the back of the grid at his home race. ����

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So the front tyre pressure for Russian GP is 23psi, 1.5psi more than last year. I don't get the reasoning, this year's tyres are one step harder then last years so why increase the front tyre pressure even more? and when you think about it, 23psi is insanely high.
    Rear tyre pressure is 19psi(-2).
    Maybe it is better for Mercs?

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yup the MIA again with the dirty tricks to help Merc and their golden boy....unreal
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 26th September 2019 at 16:00.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Who knows.

There are few aero experts here who can judge/predict the aero performance of a F1 car by just looking at it, fortunately I'm not one of them.

��"I believe my reaction was well over what it should be. That shows I've still got a lot to learn."

Charles Leclerc says his angry radio messages were too excessive in the Singapore GP, as he vowed to learn lessons from last weekend's race heading into Sochi.
    Leclerc: Radio rage over the top @skyf1

Charles Leclerc about the team radio in Singapore: "That's not gonna happen again. My reaction in the car was inappropriate, even though there is a lot of adrenaline involved. The team did everything right. With a different strategy we wouldn't have finished P1 and P2!"

Very good from Charles

Vettel: I have sympathy for being fair, yes. So I think you know we race for Ferrari I think Ferrari is the biggest team out there. I said it also on the radio after the race that Ferrari is bigger than myself, bigger than us. Even*Michael [Schumacher]*isn’t bigger than Ferrari, if you see what I mean. And he’s very big. So that’s the priority. But I think fairness is something else that I rate generally very high.

Vettel: What does it mean for me to be in Ferrari? One day, when I am chubby and old, I will be thinking how good it was to have been part of this family. I will be proud to have been part of this team.

Vettel
    Last edited by nani_s23; 26th September 2019 at 18:14.

Charles Leclerc considers himself well prepared for Sochi.
    Not even predicted rain shower frightens him.

Leclerc: "Every time we drove in the rain this year, we were quick!"

Leclerc is killing

Vettel explains Ferrari's improvement: "The aero package has given us more downforce, we bring the tyres into the working window. This gives us more freedom in the choice of the setup and that helps us to adapt the car to the needs of the individual tracks" But it's also a fact that we haven't solved all our problems yet and that Mercedes still has the faster car in the race. Mercedes can win everywhere, we can't win everywhere yet!"

Leclerc is killing

Vettel explains Ferrari's improvement: "The aero package has given us more downforce, we bring the tyres into the working window. This gives us more freedom in the choice of the setup and that helps us to adapt the car to the needs of the individual tracks" But it's also a fact that we haven't solved all our problems yet and that Mercedes still has the faster car in the race. Mercedes can win everywhere, we can't win everywhere yet!"
    I think Seb is playing down expectations with that last sentence--which is the proper thing to do. Adapt the car to individual tracks=just huge.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I think Seb is playing down expectations with that last sentence--which is the proper thing to do. Adapt the car to individual tracks=just huge.
    Yeah ... if that’s true, then it’s good underplay

��"I believe my reaction was well over what it should be. That shows I've still got a lot to learn."

Charles Leclerc says his angry radio messages were too excessive in the Singapore GP, as he vowed to learn lessons from last weekend's race heading into Sochi.
    Leclerc: Radio rage over the top @skyf1

Charles Leclerc about the team radio in Singapore: "That's not gonna happen again. My reaction in the car was inappropriate, even though there is a lot of adrenaline involved. The team did everything right. With a different strategy we wouldn't have finished P1 and P2!"

Very good from Charles

Vettel: I have sympathy for being fair, yes. So I think you know we race for Ferrari I think Ferrari is the biggest team out there. I said it also on the radio after the race that Ferrari is bigger than myself, bigger than us. Even*Michael [Schumacher]*isn’t bigger than Ferrari, if you see what I mean. And he’s very big. So that’s the priority. But I think fairness is something else that I rate generally very high.

Vettel: What does it mean for me to be in Ferrari? One day, when I am chubby and old, I will be thinking how good it was to have been part of this family. I will be proud to have been part of this team.

Vettel
    Perfect, all the way around. Thanks for posting this, fratello

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Leclerc is killing

I just hope that we can win this one too.
    If we win this race, then Mec will panic I think and they will start making mistakes.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by 19000rpmF-2004 View Post
    I just hope that we can win this one too.
    If we win this race, then Mec will panic I think and they will start making mistakes.
    I don’t think it makes much difference in WDC. Leclerc/vettel/ Max has every chance to challenge 2nd position in WDC given Bottas form & been treated at merc.
    Hope we can keep pressure on WCC standings realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    We are clearly learning how to play the game. When we brought to package to Singapore we underplayed the hell out of it, now this.

Finally!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I don’t think it makes much difference in WDC. Leclerc/vettel/ Max has every chance to challenge 2nd position in WDC given Bottas form & been treated at merc.
    Hope we can keep pressure on WCC standings realistically.
    At this point, all that matters for the team is racking points and victories. If that brings mistakes and panic to Merc and / if RBR, even better.
    Ferrari is there to race and win.

I predict a Seb victory.
    Not sure about quali. Anything can happen.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    I predict a Seb victory.
    Not sure about quali. Anything can happen.
    Dry: Quali
    P1 Charles P2 vet/ham P3 vet/ham

Wet quali
    P1: Ham P2: Bottas P3: Lec/Vet

Dry Race:
    P1 Lec P2 Vet P3: Ham

Wet/mixed Race:
    Anybody’s game

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    At this point, all that matters for the team is racking points and victories. If that brings mistakes and panic to Merc and / if RBR, even better.
    Ferrari is there to race and win.

As vettel said “Ferrari can only be satisfied with championships”. Don’t think race wins will meet their hunger.
    Of course at this point they will take those due to bad start of the season. If we end on a strong note, internally there will be some disappointment as they will think about 1st half failures/lack of wins.

On the 1st passes, we are half a second behind Merc.
    Mean NOTHING yet,just saying.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc fastest in S3, Vettel in S2. Ferrari 2 tenths behind Bottas in S1.

Edit: Now Bottas goes fastest in S3, 27.559

Ok,Merc look very strong ,even on mediums!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!